Date:4th June 2012
2500 Watt power supplies from TDK-Lambda
achieves 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency
TDK Corporation has announced that the TDK-Lambda model
HFE2500-48 power supply has now been certified to the 80
PLUS Platinum level for redundant, server, and data center
The 80 PLUS performance specification requires power supplies
to be 80% or greater energy efficient at 20%, 50% and 100%
of rated load with a true power factor of 0.90. This makes
80 PLUS certified power supplies substantially more efficient
than typical supplies.
The applications of HFE2500 series include data centers,
wireless base stations, industrial automation, telecommunications,
RF power amplifiers, network equipment, storage systems
and distributed power architectures (DPA).
The HFE2500-48 operates with a nominal 230Vac input and
provides a 48Vdc, 2500 watt, output and delivers over 92%
efficiency at 20% load, 94% efficiency at 50% load, and
over 92% efficiency at 100% load (see efficiency graph below).
This supply exceeds the required power factor of 0.95 at
50% load with a measured power factor of 0.97.
1. Operate off a universal AC input from 85 to 265VAC,
with active PFC
2. Provides regulated DC output of 12V, 24V or 48V
3. Has two temperature controlled variable-speed fans
4. Operating temperature range of -10°C to +70°C
5. Isolated I2C and PMBus interface
6. Opto-isolated signals are provided including DC-OK, AC-Fail
7. RoHS compliant
8. Carry the CE mark and meet UL/EN60950-1 safety specifications
9. Meets EN55022 and FCC class B EMC conducted specifications
10. Radiated EMC performance complies with class A requirements
11. Dimension of 1.61"H x 4.21"W x 12.8"L
Front-panel mounted LED indicators provide a visual status
for DC-OK and AC-OK conditions. A remote On/Off control
is also standard, as well as remote-sense to compensate
for voltage drops in the cables that connect the supply
outputs to the load. Other standard features include single
wire current-share and an auxiliary 12V/0.5A output that
is diode OR'd. Remote programming of the output voltage
and current can be accomplished via the I2C and PMBus interface,
or with an external 0-5V signal or a 1k ohm potentiometer.
The power supplies are available now at a price of $689.0
each in quantities of 100 units.
Product datasheets http://www.us.tdk-lambda.com/lp/products/hfe-series.htm